State High School Contest
Do you work with high school students? Do your students need extra challenge and recognition? We invite them to join in the State High School Contest. This contest generates scholarships for top seniors, as well as recognition to the ten highest-scoring students in each level. Topics for the contest include: Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Analysis, and Calculus. Fee of $2.00 per student applies. Ed Anderson has more information for you about this great contest.
Test Date Feb 16th 2017
Below are tests from previous years:
The registration information and form link: statecontestinfo
Registration form: Registration form
State Algebra Contest
AATM invites your Algebra I students to compete in the State Algebra Contest. Each year, schools (for only a $20.00 participation fee) encourage their students enrolled in first-year algebra to participate in this math challenge. Schools receive a master copy of the contest questions (50 multiple choice and 10 short answer questions).
In May, the school copies the questions, scores student work and submits results to the state coordinator. Sal Vera is our State Algebra Contest Coordinator and would be happy to give your more information or answer any questions you may have.
Registration for the Algebra Contest
6th Grade Challenge
Sixth Grade Math Challenge
Saturday, April 22, 2017
Dear Sixth Grade Math Teachers and Coaches –
The 2017 Maricopa Sixth Grade Math Challenge date is set! This year I have the great pleasure to coordinate the Math Challenge for the Maricopa Region, and I look forward to a great tournament! If you have any questions related to the tournament, please email me: email@example.com
- Only students currently enrolled in sixth grade may participate
- Each team consists of five members
- A district may have no more than 4 teams
- Students will participate in both individual and team events
- Registration is $60 per team (this includes snacks and lunch during the tournament)
- Awards will be given for the top 5 teams, top individual performance, and recognition for demonstrated sportsmanship.
- Registration will be limited to the first 15 teams
- Click on the link below to access the registration application
- Registration closes by April 1st, or once we have 15 teams registered
- Ratios and Proportional Relationships
- Real World Problem Solving and Application
- Structural Engineering
Day of the Tournament – Tentative Agenda
8:15 – 8:45 – Check in and Orientation
9:00 – 10:15 – Individual Events (Two Sessions)
10:15 – 10:30 – Break
10:30 – 11:15 – Team Events (Two Sessions)
11:30 – 12:00 – Engineering Challenge
12:00 – 12:30 – Lunch
12:30 – 1:30 – Awards and Recognitions
Please click link for the Registration Form to let us know you are coming!